Saturday, 21 May 2016

RAINBOW SNIPPETS - Mat 21-22

For more tantalising snippets from a whole host of authors, see the Rainbow Snippets Facebook group, you won't regret it. There are Snippets to suit every reader.

Life is back to being hectic this weekend, which means my Snip will be posted on auto-pilot, as it were. We're on Chapter Four of Coins Not Accepted, and it’s far more than six sentences, I’m afraid. Apologies, but this is about as far as I have got with this WiP, so I thought I’d leave you with a longer teaser, and move onto another story next time...

"In the meantime we need to get Allan to safety. Somewhere far from here where they won't think to look for him and he can recover from his injuries." His stern gaze fell on Miles. "Take him home with you and keep him hidden."

"What? No, I can't. The twins are in and out of my place like a horde of Visigoths on bungee cords."

"All the more reason for him to be there. Business as usual, my boy; that is all the enemy will see if they should follow or find you."

"Seriously? How do you expect me to explain him?"

"How do you think?" his grandfather replied, exasperation in his voice. "He's your lover, of course."

"Oh, of course. Stupid me," Miles said over Allan's startled, "What?"

"Allan, like you, my grandson is also strange. At least, I assume you are and the rumours I've heard about you have some basis in truth."

"I'm not--" Miles began, affronted. This, from a man who took alternate dimensions in his stride? Then he noticed his patient had a mutinous set to his mouth and his face was even more scarlet, as much in embarrassment as fever.

"Strange is the same as gay," Miles Senior replied  crisply, "and Logrean society is not as accepting as ours. Hence the scandals that have followed Allan around for most of his adult life."

~ * ~

I've also doing Throwback Thursday, featuring a longer excerpt from a novel from my backlist, so if you'd like to read a few more than six lines of my fiction, check the excerpt from DARK WATERS in the previous post.





No comments:

Post a Comment